Morocco is gearing up to host the highly anticipated 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON), and the nation has carefully selected a roster of vibrant cities to welcome football enthusiasts from across the globe. These cities promise not only a thrilling football experience but also a taste of the rich culture, history, and modernity that Morocco has to offer.
- Casablanca: As the largest city in Morocco, Casablanca takes center stage as one of the key host cities for the 2025 AFCON. Known for its bustling energy and metropolitan charm, Casablanca boasts an extensive tram network covering a remarkable 60 kilometers, ensuring convenient transportation for fans.
- Rabat: The proud capital of Morocco, Rabat, is set to showcase its grandeur as an AFCON host city. It boasts Africa’s largest theater and is home to Africa’s second tallest tower, offering a blend of cultural richness and modernity for visitors to explore.
- Tangier: With the largest stadium in Morocco, Tangier promises an electrifying atmosphere for football fans. The city is seamlessly linked to the bustling urban centers of Rabat and Casablanca through a rapid train line, facilitating easy travel for supporters.
- Marrakech: Marrakech, famous for its vibrant markets and historical significance, welcomes football enthusiasts with the first Skybox stadium in the American-style stands. The city’s airport ranks among the top 10 most popular airports in Africa, and it stands among the five most visited cities on the continent in terms of the number of hotels.
- Agadir: Known for its stunning coastal beauty, Agadir is another remarkable host city. Its stadium boasts a capacity of 45,000 spectators, making it an ideal venue for AFCON matches. Agadir is also one of Morocco’s most prominent tourist destinations, offering visitors a taste of the nation’s natural splendor.
- Fes: As the recipient of the title “scientific capital,” Fes shines as a host city for the 2025 AFCON. It is the fourth city in Morocco in terms of the number of hotel rooms, following Marrakech, Agadir, Casablanca, and Tangier. Fes is well-connected to an international airport and a modern train station, ensuring seamless travel for football fans.
The selection of these diverse and dynamic cities as host venues for the 2025 AFCON reflects Morocco’s commitment to providing a memorable and immersive experience for participants and spectators alike. With a rich blend of history, culture, and modern infrastructure, Morocco is poised to deliver a spectacular AFCON tournament that showcases the very best of African football and hospitality.